Friday, March 28, 2008

Work..Work..Work..

It feels good to be able to sit back and mentally relax tonight...finally after 3 months. So I sit here waiting for my face mask to harden and my toe nails to dry, and updating my blog.

I never thought twice about being able to handle my job and also have a baby. So the funny story is, I finally get pregnant and next thing I know I am transferred to this high workload team due to a lovely corporate re org. Then they decide to no longer maintain the same head count because they feel, with efficiencies, we could do the work with less people. Good in theory, not so great in reality. Then they give me the role of managing a Operating Participant roll out during my 6 & 7 month of pregnancy and 30 days straight of on call on top of that. In the meantime I am taking Ambien to sleep thru the pain I was going thru since day one..lol So finally I take medical leave to have Logan and when I come back 3 months later...guess what ..new re org. So now I have a new Boss ..again..and dealing with Logan's health issues....hard to impress the new boss when you are taking an average of 5 days a month off in sick time to be with your child. So we get thru that and then we have an unexpected bout of drama and we are forced into another re org. At this point I have 10 times the workload then when I got pregnant and all this high profile responsibilities...which means if I let something slip the VP will hear about it first hand. (no pressure there). So when I am finally at my witt's end- the economy takes a dive and now I have to hang on to my job even longer. So the moral to my story was...I am whining...lol

I guess I am figuring out that I am not Super Woman..or Super Mom. I enjoy a challenge but I have so many other higher priorities that I just don't have enough of me to go around. All the people that I work with 98% of them are men with stay at home wives - so they don't bat an eye at staying late or working on the weekends. How do I compete with that?? I received my annual raise today and it ended up more then I thought, so I guess that is my reward for the work I did last year. But I still catch myself asking - is it worth it? I also wonder how other women do it that are in my shoes.

1 comment:

Tim Justynski said...

I am proud of everything you do!