Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Special Note Of Thanks!

My mother-in-law came to visit on Monday night and we had a very nice visit and we stayed up way too late! But she was able to witness a mild case of what we have been struggling with when it came to Logan going to bed. Finally Logan went to sleep and we got to talking about all the different things we had tried unsuccessfully. Well she came up with an idea for us to try. She said we should put him in his room for quiet time instead of just right at nap time. So yesterday I was home with him and I gave it a try. I let him play in his room for about 45 minutes and then I went in there and gave him some milk and his baby and said it was now time for nap. After 1 reminder and a blanket request - he was asleep and I was emotional still in tact and enjoyed the quiet time so that I could get things done around the house. So after a successful nap we had to decide how to handle bedtime at night. So we turned his lights off and only turned on his lamp. We told him he could play until we came back in and then it would be bedtime. All went well and when we came back in he was already in his bed as if he was waiting. We played shadow puppets and a few reminders later he was asleep. So for now we are hoping this new concept will buy us another week until he catches on to our plan and we are forced to get creative again. -- But Thanks So Much Charlotte!

Don't get to excited for us though..because he still got up every 2 hours!..ugh..one day I WILL WIN this battle!

1 comment:

jenn said...

You will win it!! I promise.