Thursday, March 20, 2008

Take A Moment & Be Responsible

I will do my best not to lecture or come across too brash...ah forget it who am I kidding..lol
I truly think everyone who has kids or a spouse needs to have life insurance and plan for the future even if it is not the best thing to think about or discuss.

Lately this topic has come up a lot in my life lately. I was very surprised when I found out my Step Dad, my Mom and even my Dad do not have life insurance. I am sorry but in the event of the death of a spouse or a parent it is so unfair to leave that burden on those who are grieving your loss or having to take on all the responsibilities that was once shared with you. I think it is unfair not to be organized enough in you life to take the time to think about those that would get left behind. I am in no way saying you should make someone else wealthy off of your passing, but instead making sure life will not be tougher than it already would be on your loved ones.
I get great comfort from knowing that in my passing my kid's college will be paid for, the house would be paid off, funeral costs, and still have enough money left over where my family would have time to get back on their feet before having to think about finances. Isn't this what everyone wants for their loved ones???
Some people believe that if they start planning or talking about death that it may jinx them or something....well get over yourself....this is called adulthood and it is time to make adult decisions no matter how much you don't enjoy talking about it.
So please if you have not already done so, get off you butt and do something beneficial for those who love you!

2 comments:

A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

This is sound advice, even though at times we don't like to talk about this kind of planning, it is a necessary evil. I worked on estates for years with a lawyer, and know first hand that it's kind of a crap shoot what can happen to property if there is no will, and if there aren't enough funds to pay taxes, etc. A little planning goes a long way. elaine

Tim Justynski said...

Yes Dear!