Friday, November 14, 2008

Miles Apart…Yet So Close To My Heart

My little sister has always been my best friend. But me moving to Florida truly broke her heart. She knew it was something I needed to do…but we struggle with all we had to give up to allow me to create a new life. We had dreams of raising our children together and playing such a huge role in their lives. I sometimes feel like I let her down along with my niece and nephew. We would do everything together…we were each other’s rock. She was such a big part of Brittany’s life and unfortunately Logan is missing out on that. We played through every scenario in our minds to come up with a fail safe plan on how we can make it still work…but it always has a snag.
I think the holidays are the hardest for us…especially the years that I don’t go home for Christmas. I thought by having a blog and us having Facebook we would feel better because we could see what each other is doing and keep in touch better. But instead it makes us sad because we get to see all that we are both missing out on. So that ended up being snag #2590!
How do I make things better? I need brainstorming comments!

My next plan is video conferencing nightly after dinner!




My Sister Tonya!


My Neice & Nephew (Allie & Ethan)..along with Logan




No comments: