Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What I Am Hoping The New Year Brings...

I have managed to spend the last year being totally stressed out and zooming around at warp speed all the time. I believe my priorities have been a little messed up. I forgot that my focus should be my family and that I should not be adding to our stressful life by constantly volunteering to do everything and making every event into some sort of huge project. At work I have let myself become engulfed into the madness in hopes to prove myself worthy enough for a promotion - because in my mind, the more money I make means the possibility of us having another baby.

Realization...
So I took a step back and said to myself - look woman you have Brittany who may be moving out soon and you have limited time to spend teaching her, bonding with her, and preparing her for the life that is ahead. And..Logan is already 2 years old and the last 2 years have been a blurr - okay maybe that is a little clouded - I still remember the crazy he instilled in all of us and the continual sleepless nights, but seriously, he needs me- he needs me to be as involved as much as possible in his molding - because two is a real turning point in their development and in their behavior. So maybe instead of working so hard to make more money in hopes of having more children I need to just "Breathe" and cherish the ones I have and the wonderful life they have given me.

I also have this wonderful man in my life, my husband. We have been stretched to our limits in the last couple years and have still managed to stay somewhat connected. I still get the twinkle in my eye when I look over and " check him out" - so I know we will get through anything but I don't think I have given our marriage the attention it needs. I tend to focus so much on the kids and the crazy life at work that I get lazy and just assume he understands and that we are always okay. But in everything that I read - the marriage is what keeps the rest of the family healthy and stable and should always come first. That makes sense to me - but in real life that is harder to do than you may think. But..

Today is a new day and it is a New Year - so changes are coming!
  • Hubby Time! - Date night regularly
  • No more work overload
  • No snapping at Hubby when stressed- Bite that tongue girl! (Even when you know you are right)
  • Girls day with Britt more often!
  • Family Game Night Again! - Monthly
  • Movie Night Again! - Weekly
  • One on One Logan Time Adventure
  • Create more traditions
  • Attend Church
  • Discipline Plan - Mutually decide on what works for the both of us
  • Understand it is okay to have "Vicky" time

-Wish me luck!

No comments: