Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Life is good..and on the road to being great!

I think I am figuring things out..

I have a big day today, you can describe it as a make or break my career kind of day. For some reason I am not nervous or afraid of the outcome. I am prepared, but I never obsessed about it like the old me would have done. I guess prayers and good thoughts make a world of difference when it comes to dealing with mental stress. So for a momment I realized that this is the new Vicky and that I was able to be that person I have been wanting to be for a very long time and it happened without me even knowing it.

Yesterday I was able to put my family first in front of my job without hesitation, and I am quite proud of that accomplishment. It all stemmed from Brittany asking me if she could attend a after school class that prepares students for their AP test. (they have to pass the test to earn college credits for the AP classes they took) I found myself telling her there is no way my boss would let me get off on Tuesdays to accomodate her so there would be no way she could go. It drove me crazy because this impacts my daughters future and doesn't show much support by her parents for her academic achievements. So next thing I know I was in my boss's office requesting to work from home on Tuesdays until mid April. I explained my situation and the importance, and to my surprise we were able to work it out! So kudos to my boss who I never thought had a sympathetic bone in his body. Don't get me wrong I still have to be accountable for a lot to make it happen, but it was so worth it to give Brittany the news at the dinner table!!

It might have taken a long time for me to realize a lot of things, but I am just glad I finally woke up! I love my family!!

No comments: