Sunday, December 21, 2008

Justification For My Gray Hair!

Toddlers are control freaks! They want to suddenly decide who gets to take them to the potty and who gets to dress them or even who gets to look at them. The examples are endless. It is cute until Mommy is the only one he chooses all the time. I am just now getting a break and Daddy is the new "Lucky" one!

They also think at 7:30am when you are running late, that they can decide that the shoes I picked out is not what they want to wear...and I can't help it I will not send my child to daycare with shoes that don't match what he is wearing...so the battle begins...ultimately Mom wins but with 5 additional gray hairs added to the collection.

Dinner time has been interesting he seems to think he can now decide when he has his dinner. So my attempt at being a strong parent (lol) I set aside his dinner just in case he wants it later( I know I know...I need to be strict) But then as we are kissing him goodnight he says "Mommy, I want dinner". I think it was the hardest thing I ever had to do but I had to say no it is time for bed. He was not happy. That was not a good night. But my guilt subsided when he drank 3 glasses of milk while arguing with us.

Logan has also developed this skill of kicking and screaming louder then I ever thought was capable by a small child. Another skill he has is he knows what he wants and he is not open to discussion about it. I will admit I tend to spoil him from time to time but I never give him what he wants when he throws a fit...so why the sudden rampages I am not quite sure. This better be a phase! I used to take Britt to the store when she was small and as long as I gave her time to look-touch-feel the toys she never asked for anything....well FYI..not working this time!

Is this what the next year of my life is going to be like now that he is turning "3"!

No comments: