Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Immune Disfunction...

Once again I have a runny nose and sore throat - this will make it my third cold since 2008 began! What is the deal!! The more I safeguard the house the more colds I get! My littlest, Logan, washes his hands like 30 times a day not including all the hand sanitizer he goes through. With Britt I am lucky if I get a kiss goodnight from her on a dialy basis...so I am thinking it is all Tim's fault..lol

So I did some reading and found that the following things could help my immune system:
Useful Supplements: Acidophilus, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Zinc. (Sounds okay)
Useful Herbs: Ashwagandha , Astragalus, Cat’s Claw(What the hell is this?), Echinacea, Green Tea, Licorice, Ligustrum, Maitake Mushrooms, Shiitake Mushrooms.

So I am now on a mission to see if this truly will work.....I will post a follow-up

1 comment:

jenn said...

I have been going through this crap too. I have been eating ONLY "super foods" and as soon as reading your post I went and got some yogurt. For the Acidophilis.

My ribs actually hurt from blowing my NOSE!!!!