Thursday, February 7, 2008

He is my blessing...

My marriage is a very wonderful thing that has had to endure a lot in the past 3 years. My pregnancy caused me to have severe pain and Tim had to watch me endure so much. Then it was topped off with gestational diabetes and then finished with a c-section. Then came Logan, my piece of heaven, who had colic for the first 2 months, then issues with asthma, formula allergies, etc. Due to his medicine requirements our finances were continually tested. Not that I am complaining, just trying to paint a picture in your mind. Me and Tim still have not had a uninterrupted night's sleep in over 2 years. This has definitely tested our patience with each other and forced us to dig down deep and really appreciate the little things that come easy. Unfortunately I can not brag about how we always persevered without issues..lol..because believe me, we had issues..lol But the nice thing about it all is that we made it through and our love is still strong after 6+ years! We may be short with each other when our patience is tested, and we may give each other that dirty look when we are deciding who's turn it is to get up with Logan at night...but I would not trade it for anything. Marriage is easy when the world around you is perfect, but the true test is when your world is spinning out of control.
Just know all is good when you still check out your husband in the side mirror when he is pumping gas...and tell yourself...yep life is good!