Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happiness is Spreading....

Today I was cleaning my house and I had this overwhelming peace come over me. I know it is hard to believe that scrubbing floors could make you feel that way, but it did. Seriously though, I felt like life is so much better for us then I realize sometimes.

I scrubbed my counters and told myself, wow I was able to afford granite counter tops..10 years ago that wouldn't have been important. I was thankful that I had 8 loads of laundry to do, because that told me my kids were well clothed. It felt good to clean my appliances because I knew they all worked and were dependable. I dusted off the big screen TV, and couldn't help but ask myself...wow, did we really need that. I cleaned my pantry and I was happy because I had enough food in there to cause such a clutter in the first place. I was happy to pick up toys in the living room, because it reminded me that my child is not lacking as much as I sometimes tell myself.

The coolest part was...15 minutes later I sat down and read my sister-in-law's blog only to find out...she too was sharing in the happiness in her own way too!

1 comment:

Tim Justynski said...

Yes! We needed the Big Screen TV!

Love you!